Our GUTonic™ supplement provide fast-acting nutritional support to horses with hind gut ulcers and other common digestive problems. The GUTonic™ include botanical ingredients, broad spectrum probiotic and organic minerals to maintain optimum digestive health, ulcer and stomach lining protect, which may be translated into improved behaviour and performance.
A uniquely formulated herbal blend supplies essential nutrients from natural ingredients including Turmeric Root, Slippery Elm Bark and Aloe Vera leaf combined with Organic mineralsand a broad-spectrum combination prebiotics and probiotics to control gastric acid production, protect the stomach lining and promote optimum well-being by reducing gastrointestinal discomfort.
GUTonic support many other vital processes including metabolism, immune regulation, behaviour, coat condition with improved top line and overall body condition.
The probiotic used in the formula has been suggested to modify behaviour with the incidence of stereotypic behaviour such as wood chewing or wind sucking being reduced and horses anecdotally showing a calmer disposition and more concentration during training, which may be translated into improved performance.
GUTonic helps promote gastric health by:
- Managing the clinical symptoms associated with gastric ulcers in horses
- Controlling and gastric acid production, stabilising pH and stimulating cell regeneration
- Protecting the stomach lining and reducing gastric discomfort
- Improving appetite and supporting saliva production
- Ensuring the absorption of essential nutrients
- Hind gut pH stabiliser and reducing the risk of acidosis
GUTonic provides ideal nutritional support for:
- Foals experiencing increased risk of ulcers during stressful periods
- Improves the growth and development for foals and growing horses.
- Horses in moderate to intense training or stable confinement
- Horses on antibiotics who are predisposed to gastric sensitivity
- Horses on high grain and low forage diets
- Horses wind-sucking and/or cribbing or crib biting
- Horses exposed to regular stress, parasites and mycotoxins
- Horses with loose manure due to feed or pasture changes
- Horses that are prone to stable vices
- The poor doer or underweight horses
- The digestive system after worming
- The digestive system during and after medication including antibiotics
Turmeric Root has been used for centuries to support the overall well-being of horses and humans. Aloe Vera Leaf promotes cell regeneration and supports saliva production. Slippery Elm Bark The inner bark of the Slippery Elm tree In addition to having intestinal benefits similar to that of Aloe, Slippery Elm bark helps regulate bacteria in the intestine. Aloe and Slippery Elm are not only beneficial for ulcer cases but support digestion in general as well. They can all be fed long term with no negative effects. Organic Selenium (Se) is necessary for healthy growth, regeneration and the prevention of cellular oxidation. Acid Buff (Marine Algae)to reduce the risk of acidosis. A broad spectrum Prebiotic and Probiotic to support health on the inside and stimulates the growth and activity of beneficial bacteria in the entire digestive system.
Maintenance DAILY Serve:
15g - Ponies and horses (200kg-400kg)
30g - Average Size horses (400kg-600kg)
45g - Large Size horses (600kg and over) and high performance horses.
In severe cases, administer the recommended initial Loading Serve for four weeks before returning to the maintenance dosage rate.
Initial LOADING Serve:
25g - Ponies and horses (200kg-400kg)
45g - Average Size horses (400kg-600kg)
75g - Large Size horses (600kg and over) and high performance horses.
Mix well with feed once a day or divide Daily Serve into morning and night feeds for more efficient mineral absorption.
STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS: Store at room temperature out of direct sunlight and free from moisture. Ensure the pouch or container is resealed after use as exposure to air may cause the product to harden.
DISCLAIMER: No therapeutic claim is made or intended for this product. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, nor prevent any disease. If your horse experiences any adverse effects from using this supplement, discontinue use and contact your veterinarian. For use in animals only.